Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December Fun with the Cake Slice Bakers


We have finished baking with our chosen book for the year, so December is an opportunity to bake from any of the past cookbooks used by the Cake Slice Bakers. Next month we will start a new one and it will be unlike any others we've used in the past, so check back here in a month, too.

After paging through three of the cookbooks used in the past (since I haven't been active for all the years that this wonderful group has been together), I decided that I needed to bake something chocolate and something Bundt since I was going to bring it to a group dinner an hour away and Bundt cakes usually travel well. Since it was a December gathering, I used by Circle of Trees pan. A light dusting of powdered sugar looked somewhat like snow on evergreens...and the fellow guests were enchanted by that. I think that I got the pan at a yard sale and I've not seen one like it. It even has a tiny train going around the rim, although that detail is usually lost. This time the cake overflowed the pan, so we did get most of the train, too. No photos showing that...life has been to hectic. Even the photos I have are not top quality. Will see if I can do better in January.



Happy Holidays to each of you and to all the Cake Slice Bakers. It really is a delightful group!

Edit on December 22...I completely forgot to tell you what cake in what book and what I changed...as you know if you have been reading this blog for long, I almost always change something!

I baked Big Daddy's Cake in the Maidia Heatter Cake Book. I left out the pecans so the outside didn't have a pecan coating. I exchanged margarine for butter. I think that is all.

XO, Elle

4 comments :

  1. Love your Bundt pan design, very festive! and oh that chocolate cake!! Big Yumms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and it's been a pleasure baking with you this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year×

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. Love the pan shape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bundts are one of my favorite cakes to make, and this is one I am going to have to try soon. Love the pan too!

    ReplyDelete